Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wow! I'm posting the playlist on the same day as the show. Today's show had it all, well all that can fit into a two hour time slot, new music from unexpected sources and birthday wishes to someone very special to me. Let's get started shall we?:

February 12, 2011 6-8am

Breeders "Flipside"
PJ Harvey "Written on the Forehead"
Pomegrantes "Anywhere You Go"
My Bloody Valentine "Only Shallow"
The Replacements "Valentine" (Because Monday February 14 is Valentine's Day, of course)
The Kills "Satellite"
White Denim "I Start to Run"
The Booze "Kick Me Where it Hurts"
Adam Thorn and the Top Buttons " Throwing it all Away"
The Joy Formidable "I Don't Want to See You this Way"
Transmission Fields "Did It Wrong"
Elvis Costello "The Spell that You Cast"
UV Race "Low"
The Strokes "Under Cover of Darkness"
Kurt Ville "In My Time"
J Mascis "Is It Done?"
The Dirtbombs "Sherevari"

Now take a trip up I-77 for our very own Morning Flipside solute to bands from Ohio, the Heart of it All....
The National "Bloodbuzz Ohio"-Cincinnati
Lifeguards "Paradise is not so Bad"-Cleveland via Dayton
Guided By Voices "Things That I Will Keep"- Dayton
Prisoners "Fix Yer Head"-Cleveland
The Black Keys "Howlin for You"-Akron
Two Cow Garage "My Great Gatsby"-Columbus
Twilight Singers "Blackbird and the Fox"-New Orleans via Cincinnati
The Afghan Whigs "Debonair"-Cincinnati

A special birthday wish to Kelsey B

The Beatles "Happy Birthday"
Apex Manor "Under the Gun"
Lullwater "One More Time "
Lake Isle "Steel Rails"


That's it for February 12. Stayed tuned for updates on the podcast, my first non playlist related post, and what's going to be on the next show, February 19, 6-8am EST on 90.9FM WQFS Greensboro NC!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Made The Booze my Swell Tune of the day:
http://mrshuffleupagus.blogspot.com/2011/03/todays-swell-tune-kick-me-where-it.html
Somewhere Mick and Keith are arguing over whether or not this is them.