Thursday, November 25, 2010

Another show under the belt, another glorious mess. The music was hot and heavy which I wish I could share but I'm at least a day away from a podcast. When I get the podcast up and running, I will include this week's as well as last week's shows. Here's another week's worth of fantabulous music:
Breeders "Flipside" -off Last Splash (1993) show theme, played every Saturday morning at 6am of course.
Telekinesis "Car Crash" - off the upcoming album 12 Desparate Straight Lines due out January 2011
Bass Drum of Death "Heart Attack Kid" - Single. I can get around the name of the group if the music is good............
Abe Vigoda "Sequins" - off Crush .
Crocodiles "Hearts of Love" - off Sleep Forever.
The Posies "The Glittering Prize " - off Blood Candy.
Dead Trees "Back to LA" - Kind of a Christmas song, kind of not .
Lower Dens "Completely Golden" -
Darker My Love "Dear Author"
- Rumor has it that the new album will be in rotation soon.
Fresh and Onlys "Waterfalls" - Off Play It Strange. .
Paul Westerberg "John I'm Only Dancing" - Yes, a David Bowie cover
Autolux " Turnstile Blues" - Off 2004's Future Perfect.
The Db's "Spitting Into the Wind" - off 1985's Like This
Tame Impale "Solitude is Bliss"
Blair "Hearts"
- Off Die Young.
The Light Footwork "Carlsbad Irregation Project"
Dark Dark Dark "Daydreaming"
Deerhunter "Revival Sailing"
- off Halcyon Digest.
Ty Segall"Ceasar" - off Melted.
Setting Sun "Making You Feel"
Avi Buffalo "Remember the Last Time"
The Mynabirds "The Ways of Looking"

Transmission Field "We Did It Wrong"
Sparklehorse "Little Girl"
- off Mark Linkous' last album Dark Soul of the Night
Joe Christmas "Couple Skate"
The Decemberist "Down By the Water"
Pixies "Where is My Mind"
- off Surfer Rosa.
Franz Nicolay "Have Mercy"
Kurt Vile "In My Time"
The Thrills "Big Sur"
-off 2002's So Much For the City

Next Saturday I have some new stuff from and a visit to the 1980's, should be good.
Until next week we'll see ya......

No comments: